Thursday 28 February 2019

Secondment at IFSTTAR

Secondments are fantastic parts of Marie Curie projects. They give us great experiences in performing research, communication, and cultural orientation.  All these experiences are achieved by working in different research centres, cooperating with experts of the field, and living in several cities and countries. 

I have started my final secondment at IFSTTAR (The French Institute of Science and Technology for Transport, Development and Networks) in Paris in the beginning of February 2019.  The objective of my work at this institute is to study the fatigue phenomenon and crack propagation of welded details in bridges with orthotropic decks. This study has been initiated with cooperation of Cerema (Center for Studies and Expertise on Risks, the Environment, Mobility and Development).  Starting this study gives me the chance to work on the practical cases in the area of structural engineering and learning some advanced methods in finite element analysis such as XFEM in addition to learning some software like GMSHCode-Aster, and Salome-meca

In the end, I hope my work during my secondment would be resourceful and I could cover a big part of our objectives by the help of my supervisors from IFSTTAR and Cerema. In the following you can see some photos of my new working environment. 

Thank you for reading this article, 

ESR10: Morteza Ahmadivala, and ESR6: Mariia Nesterova

Coffee break with supervisors at IFSTTAR

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the information of your blog.It is very interesting
    Home Maintenance Company in Islamabad,

    ReplyDelete
  2. download idm full crack has been specially designed to create ISO images with boot discs or to prepare a pendrive as a boot drive instead.








    ReplyDelete

My thesis in 3 Posters- Part II: Application of time series methods on long-term structural monitoring data for fatigue analysis

The second part of "My thesis in 3 Posters" is related to my studies during my secondment in Lausanne, Switzerland.   During...